Maypul is a rushdown character who can execute long combos using her quick attacks. She can mark opponents to teleport to them, allowing for interesting kill setups.
In-Game Info: Edit
"Maypul can mark her opponents with Neutral Special, Forward Special, and Down Special in the air*. Maypul can use her Strong Attacks to wrap marked opponents in place, removing the mark. Maypul can hold Up Special to sling toward marked opponents. Tap Up Special to uppercut instead."
*the aerial down special marks opponents but the grounded version does not.
Elemental Powers: Edit
- WATCHER'S MARK - Maypul can use her Seeds or her Watcher's Dash to mark opponents, making them susceptible to her following attacks.
- WRAPPED UP - After marking her targets, Maypul can use her Strong Attacks or her trusty Plant to wrap marked opponents in place allowing her to follow up with another attack.
- SLING SHOT - Maypul can use her vines to sling toward marked opponents, allowing her to elude attacks and quickly close distances.
Maypul revolves around rushing down the opponent with her very high speed as well as her unique down air and her sling shot teleportation.
She can quickly establish her zone by sprouting her plant and marking the opponent with seeds. Her strong attacks are a bit slow but have great range and are disjointed.
When doing a walljump Maypul can hold the jump button to cling onto the wall for a few seconds before walljumping.
Watcher's Mark: Maypul can use her specials to mark her opponents, allowing her to teleport to them with up special or wrap them up in place. The mark disappears after Maypul consumes it or if she dies.
Wrapped Up: After marking her targets, Maypul can use her strong attacks or her trusty plant to consume the mark and wrap marked opponents in place. The wrap duration increases as opponents get more damaged, but ends as soon as they get hit (excepted from seeds).
|Neutral special||2%||Maypul quickly throws a small and fast seed in front of her. Seeds mark opponents but don't stagger them.|
|Up special||8%||Quickly travels a short distance upwards, sending opponents above her up with high knockback. Leaves Maypul helpless.
If an opponent has been marked or wrapped, holding the button instead causes Maypul to use her sling shot and quickly teleport to her opponent's side. The teleportation can be aimed left, up or right according to your directional input. It gets slightly slower as the distance between Maypul and her target increases. Consumes the mark in the process.
|Side special||4%||Quickly travels a short distance horizontally, marking opponents hit. Leaves Maypul helpless.|
|Down special||4%||If used in the air, quickly travels a short distance downwards, marking opponents hit.
If used on the ground, Maypul sprouts her plant. The plant wraps up close opponents that are marked and in hitstun. Throwing seeds at it will both feed it and juggle the seeds back up in the air.
The plant lasts until it wraps an opponent or a new one is planted. It also disappears after 8 seconds but can be fed a seed to reset this timer.
|Dash attack||3%, 5%||Dashes forward, hitting her opponent at the beginning, and end of her dash.|
|Neutral jab||4%, 4%||Maypul frantically swipes the area in front of her with minor knockback. Loops into itself.|
|Forward tilt||8%||Punches directly in front of her.|
|Up tilt||8%||Maypul ducks down and summons thorny branches from the ground, hitting in front and behind her with good vertical range. Launches opponents up.|
|Down tilt||9%||Spins around and swipes enemies in front of her with her tail, launching them upward.|
|Up strong||11-16%||Maypul flings her vines above her like a whip.
Wraps marked opponents in place.
|Side strong||11-16%||Maypul flings her vines in front of her like a whip.
Wraps marked opponents in place.
|Down strong||10-15%||Maypul spins her vines around her like a whip, striking opponents in front, then behind her.
Wraps marked opponents in place. Can hit a marked opponent with both hits, with the first hit wrapping them and the second hit launching them right away.
|Punches outwards in both directions. Late hit is weaker.|
|Up air||2%, 2%, 5%||Maypul spins her vines above her like a fan, sending opponents up.
This move can also be used to gain height as it slightly accelerates Maypul upwards.
|Forward air||8%||Quickly swipes in front of her, sending opponents diagonally down.|
|Back air||5%, 6%||Swipes her tail behind her.|
|Down air||6%||Maypul sprouts a small thorny branch from the ground directly below her, sending opponents in the direction she is facing.
Has infinite vertical range and also stops at platforms.
Advanced Tech Edit
- Jump + Up Air: Gain a boost in vertical momentum, useful for recovering and killing off top
- Reverse side b: Hold back during start up frames of side b and if successful maypul will dash backwards while facing the same direction, seeding any opponents that she hits while sending them backwards. This can begin a combo while ensuring the opponent is seeded
- Cancelled up b: On a platform, up b and hold down immediately after the first hitbox appears. If successful, you can wavedash back onto the platform and go for another kill off top if the up b does not kill.
Maypul is the self-appointed Guardian of the Aetherian Forest. Her fellow tree-dwellers live in insular strongholds in the forest canopy - the quarrels of Aether quite literally beneath them. Yet Maypul senses something rotten in the world of Aether. Only she listens to the whispers of distress amongst the trees. And so, Maypul patrols the forest seeking out threats to her home. She parlays with the surface dwellers, much to the dismay of her treetop clan. However, she commands fearful respect throughout the forest for her unhesitating vigilantism. She uses her agility to trap any unknown intruders before they even realize she is there.
- Up-special teleportation name is "Sling shot", down-special plant is "Lily".
- Maypul is the sixth character to be announced, along with Forsburn. She represents the element of nature and is a mix between a ferret and a raccoon.