Ori is a playable character that is available for purchase as DLC as of August 23, 2017. Ori was announced at Rivals of Aether's E3 2017 Direct Conference presentation for the game, and is the first third-party character to be introduced in the game. Ori comes from the game Ori and the Blind Forest.
- In Team Battles, Ori can use Bash to extend combos, set up for kills, and help out teammates in danger by stopping an opponent. Bash can also affect both opponents at the same time.
- The invincibility from Bash prevents Ori from getting attacked by another opponent while using the move.
- Ori's projectile and Sein's Charged Flame can keep opponents away if timed correctly.
- Sein's normal Spirit Flame can hinder approaches and possibly let Ori escape kill setups.
- Ori's Up Special has amazing horizontal mobility
- Just like Maypul, Ori can wall cling.
- Ori is lightweight, meaning that it can escape from combos easier.
- Up Air, Back Air, and Neutral Air are incredible combo / finishing moves
- Ori can be killed easily due to his light weight nature.
- Has little range outside of Sein's weak attacks and the Forward Special projectile.
- Sein can only follow Ori and cannot move away from Ori to attack.
- Missing Bash or Down Aerial offstage almost always results in a suicide.
- Ori's recovery has little vertical range.
- Ori needs Sein nearby for smash attacks to kill opponents.
- Charged Flame required precise timing to hit.
- By immediately using Bash after a Forward Special, Ori can Bash his projectile in any direction, enabling sneaky recoveries or quick stage movement.
- You can attack or charge with Sein while Ori is using any move, including Bash. However, Sein cannot hit opponents during Bash.
In-Game Info: Edit
"Ori and Sein fight as a tag team. If Sein is close to Ori, they can use team-up Strong Attacks. Tap Neutral Special to have Sein fire a Spirit Flame. Hold Neutral Special to have Sein use Charged Flame. Ori can use Down Special to either Bash projectiles or Bash opponents in any direction."
Elemental Powers: Edit
- SPIRIT FLAME - Sein follows Ori around the battlefield. Ori can tap Neutral Special to have Sein quickly fire a Spirit Flame from wherever Sein is. Ori can hold Neutral Special to have Sein use the Charged Flame.
- BASH - Ori can use Down Special to Bash nearly anything in Rivals of Aether – from characters to projectiles to rocks and plants. Ori can also move around the stage by bashing the Light Grenade that is thrown by using Forward Special.
- TAG TEAM - When Ori and Sein are close enough, Ori can use Strong Attacks to initiate tag team combos. These Strong Attacks have more powerful properties as Sein assists Ori for a more devastating blow.
|Dash Attack||7%, 10% (Tipper)||Ori rushes forward in energy and headbutts opponents. There is a tipper hitbox near the end that knocks the opponent upward and can be canceled with any move.|
|Neutral Jab||2%, 2%, 4%||Punches the opponent quickly twice and then performs a kick.|
|Up Tilt||7% (multi-hit)||Holds up a crackling ball of energy that hits multiple times. The first few hits of this attack drag opponents downward,|
|Forward Tilt||7%||Ori does a sweeping attack with its tail. This attack moves Ori backwards slightly.|
|Down Tilt||5%||Ori rolls forward covered in energy, hitting opponents.|
|Forward Strong||10% (without Sein), 14% (with Sein)||Without Sein: Ori thrusts both hands forward to lauch opponents.
With Sein: Ori charges up Sein and then thrusts Sein forward, which causes a massive explosion of energy. This attack has multiple hits.
|Up Strong||10% (without Sein), 14% (with Sein)||Without Sein: Ori turns into energy and shoots upward..
With Sein: Ori and Sein turn into energy and fly upward with a large burst at the top. This attack has multiple hits.
This move is reminiscent of the Charge Jump in his own game.
|Down Strong||10% (without Sein), 18% (with Sein)||Without Sein: Ori dashes back and forth and hits opponents away. The attacks do not combo into each other.
With Sein: Ori dashes back and forth while Sein creates explosions. Each explosion carries opponents into the next one.
|Neutral Air||5%||Ori spins his arms around. The hitbox is only around Ori's hands.|
|Up Air||6%||Ori does a flip and hits enemies with its tail. The angle that your opponent is launched at depends on what part of the move they get hit with (if it hits at the start they get launched forward but if it hit's at the end it launches the target backwards). can be used to wall of pain opponents when by using forward air followed by the start of this move. (Note: you can use the start of up air twice instead of both it and forward air)|
|Forward Air||3%, 4%||A kick followed by a tail slap.|
|Backward Air||9%||Ori punches opponents behind it. Can kill at high percents.|
|Down Air||8% , 9% (landing hitbox)||Ori turns into a ball of light and launches himself downward. If an opponent is hit, Ori bounces off of it and can immediately perform another attack. When Ori touches the ground during this move, a small eruption of energy happens that can damage opponents on either side. This attack is jump-cancelable. It is reminiscent of the Stomp ability in his own game.|
|Dash Attack||6%||A quick headbutt. This attack is very fast.|
|Neutral special||1%, 10% (charged), 13% (charged sweetspot)|| Sein damages nearby enemies with a small energy burst. This attack is extremely quick but it has virtually no knockback and can only stun opponents who are already stunned. It can be used three times in a row before Sein has to recharge. This attack can also be charged by holding the button for 15 frames. Pressing the button again after this or doing nothing for 3 seconds will release the Charged Flame, a strong attack with knockback. Charged Flame has a sweetspot in the center. Sein must rest for a few frames after using Charged Flame.
If Ori is poisoned, using this move will damage Ori.
|Up special||7% (initial jump), 3% (when reopened)||Ori spins into the air hitting enemies multiple times and then glides using Kuro's Feather. If Ori hits an opponent during the first jump, Ori can cancel the attack with an airdodge (if this is done the move can be used again but only once before landing) You can open and close the feather by moving the control stick up or down. Reopening the feather does less damage and gives Ori an extremely small vertical boost.|
|Side special||3-6%||Ori throws a sphere of light. The strength of the throw increases as the button is held. As this move is a projectile, it is affected by Ori's Bash.|
|Down special||14%||Ori jumps, holds on to a projectile or an opponent, and freezes time for a few seconds. Both the player and the target are invincible until this move ends. The player can choose a direction to propel Ori in when the move ends. The projectile or opponent is propelled in the opposite direction. If Ori is not touching anything when this move is used, Ori becomes helpless. This move is called Bash.|
Bash Mechanics Edit
This chart shows how Ori's bash interacts with objects in the game
|Name of Object||Creator of Object||Damage Dealt to other players||Other Effect|
|Fireball||Zetterburn||2%||Burns the opponent.|
|Rock||Kragg||Kragg can pick up the rock while Ori is choosing a direction for it to go.|
|Pillar||Kragg||Breaks the pillar.|
|Rock Shard||Kragg||3%||The shards go through players.|
|Clone||Forsburn||12%||It explodes on contact with players or the stage.|
|Seed||Maypul||2%||Marks the opponent.|
|Plant||Maypul||4%||Wraps the opponent.|
|Tornado||Wrastor||5%||Flies through blocks but does not make a slipstream.|
|Droplet||Orcane||6%||Does not make a puddle.|
|Cloud||Absa||4%||It explodes when hitting a player. Does not explode when hitting the stage. Instead, it simply does not move and eventually expires. If the cloud was charged by Absa's Down Special, the cloud can be Bashed but the hitbox remains and can zap Ori.|
|Icicle||Etalus||2%||The icicles go through players and do not make ice.|
|Bubble||Ranno||The bubble moves as if it had been hit by a normal attack.|
|Darts||Ranno||1%||The darts will hit players normally and apply 1 poison stack.|
|Seed||Sylvanos||14%||The seed is redirected and will still multihit opponents. It will not grow on the ground however.|
|Flower||Sylvanos||The flower is destroyed in one hit|
|Steam||Elliana||Bash does not affect steam|
|Missiles||Elliana||2-20%||Ori can redirect missiles and control them with the control stick|
|Arm Rockets||Elliana||4%, 9%||The rockets are redirected and they explode after a certain amount of time|
|Mines||Elliana||12%||The mines blow up after a certain amount of time, even if they are in the air. Gravity is still applied.|
|Self-Destructing Mech||Elliana||10%||The mech explodes very shortly after being launched.|
- Ori is currently the only character in Rivals of Aether to have a partner who follows it.
- Ori is currently the only character that is not original.
- Because of this, Ori has no title.
- Sein "follows" Ori by moving to Ori's last coordinates with a slight delay.
- Ori is one of the three characters who cannot be played in Abyss Mode. The other two are Clairen and Ranno.
- In version 1.1.2, there is a glitch that lets you attempt to play as Ori in Abyss Mode. By selecting Ori in Versus mode or Practice mode, beating the Gatekeepers, continuing on into the Abyss, and then dying, Ori will appear in Abyss mode as the selected character. Unfortunately, the game will give you a fatal error and quit if you do so.
- Ori is the second character that can wall cling, the first being Maypul.
- Despite not being playable in Abyss Mode, Ori has an unused Abyss color. However, the color is the same as her default one.