Very slow (base)
Very Low (doubles)
Wrastor is a character who dominates the air with lengthy combos. He performs strong attacks in the air instead of on the ground.
In-Game Info: Edit
"Wrastor can jump 4 times, allowing him to stay in the air longer and get back on stage more easily. Wrastor can create a wind current with his Forward Special. He moves much faster while inside the current. Wrastor performs his strong attacks in the air instead of on the ground. He can charge them in place."
Elemental Powers: Edit
- WINGED FLIGHT - Wrastor can jump 4 times, making him incredible at controlling the air and recovering from the toughest falls even when things look grim.
- WIND CURRENT - Wrastor can create a Wind Current with his Forward Special, allowing him to move faster within it and chase his targets more effectively.
- AERIAL ACE - Wrastor performs his charged Strong Attacks in the air instead of on the ground, a first for this genre.
Wrastor has a moveset revolving around the air, he can swiftly approach from any position by generating an air current and rush his opponents down.
His weight allows him to escape combos more easily than other characters, but it also makes him die much earlier. Getting a parry on Wrastor is very rewarding as it usually results in a kill.
Winged Flight: Wrastor has four jumps in total: 1 normal jump and 3 double jumps. These allow him to do long aerial combos and recover from practically anywhere.
Aerial Ace: Wrastor performs his strong attacks in the air instead of on the ground.
- Three midair jumps, making it easy to recover without the need of his up special and improving his air combo game.
- Kill confirms in his side/up strong sweetspotted, neutral special at the top, down strong offstage on a midair opponent, up tilt sweetspotted and up special sweetspotted.
- Very fast in the air, improving his aerial combo game.
- Down special can set opponents up for combos when connected.
- Side special creates an air current, improving Wrastor's movement speed on the ground and air.
- Along with Maypul, is very light, so he is easy to K.O.
- Strong attacks have high landing lag.
- Up special is very punishable if misused.
- Can SD with his down special in the air and down strong.
- Most of his kill confirms need to be sweetspotted.
|Neutral special|| 1%x10
| Wrastor spins around, turning into a tornado for a few seconds. He can move left or right while in this form, and holding the button will move him upwards. Not holding the button after a few frames will cancel it early.
The tornado protects Wrastor from most projectiles and will carry any opponent hit with him for the rest of the duration.
Leaves Wrastor helpless afterwards.
|Up special|| 10% (sweet)
|Wrastor quickly performs a large rising strike with his wing, leaves him helpless afterwards. There is a very strong early sweetspot right in front of him. The sourspot is at the top of his strike.|
|Side special||5%|| Wrastor shoots a small but fast piercing tornado in a straight line in front of him. It deals fixed low knockback and has little lag.
Additionally, this move generates a thin horizontal air current across the whole stage for 6 seconds. Wrastor's horizontal movement is significantly increased inside an air current.
This move has a 6 second cooldown. Parrying the tornado reflects it, prevents the air current from being generated and will still leave the move on cooldown.
|Down special||10%|| Wrastor unleashes a powerful kick, launching the first opponent hit in the air in front of him and stunning them. If used on the ground, Wrastor goes straight ahead. If used in the air, he goes diagonally down instead.
Whiffing this in the air below main platform level will kill yourself.
|Dash attack||6%||Wrastor propels himself forward in a spiral motion. Slips from ledges. This move travels farther while in the air current.|
|Neutral jab||3%, 4%, 9%||Wrastor performs a jab, a kick, and then an upward angled kick that knocks the opponent straight up.|
|Forward tilt||3%, 3%, 3%||Wrastor spins around, slapping the opponent with his wings in front of him, sending the opponent upwards and slightly away with the final hit.|
|Up tilt|| 8%
|Wrastor raises his leg upwards and does a powerful axe kick in front of him, sending opponents away. There is a sweetspot at the bottom of the kick. Has good vertical range and strong knockback. Slow startup but leaves little lag after.|
|Down tilt||7%||A low sweeping kick that sends the opponent upwards and slightly away.|
|Up strong|| 7-10%
| Wrastor extends his wings upwards in a clapping motion. Sweetspot is at the center of the edge of his wings.
If you don't charge this move you will keep your air momentum and do it while "sliding" in the air, but its landing lag will be greatly increased.
|Side strong|| 7-10%
| Wrastor extends his wings forwards in a clapping motion. Sweetspot is at the center of the edge of his wings.
If you don't charge this move you will keep your air momentum and do it while "sliding" in the air, but the landing lag will be greatly increased.
|Down strong||7-10%|| Wrastor spirals straight downwards and spikes the first opponent hit. Charge time increases falling speed.
You can cancel this move with a jump after you've traveled sufficient distance with it, provided you still have one to use.
Whiffing this in the air below main platform level will kill yourself.
|Neutral air||5%||A quick extended kick. The hitbox on this attack is around his body and his outward stretched foot.|
|Up air|| 7%
|Wrastor swipes his wing upwards, with little lag. The late sourspot is the back hit.|
|Forward air|| 6%
|Wrastor swiftly swipes his wing forward. The late sourspot hits below him.|
|Back air||5%||Wrastor extends his leg behind him. This move has little lag.|
|Down air|| 6%
|Wrastor swipes his feet below him in a quick move that sends the opponent upwards. The small sourspot in front of him sends opponents diagonally down.|
- Neutral special: If you can manage to combo your opponent close to the top, holding neutral special can easily trap them and carry them to their death at the top even at low percents.
- Kill combos: Hitting down strong or down special gives you enough time to hit your opponent with a strong attack or a sweetspot up special afterwards.
- Crouch Cancel: A technique created and popularized by European player XRI100. The technique is performed by crouch cancelling an opponent's attack and then doing a quick sweetspot up special.
"The youngest trainee in the history of the Air Academy, Wrastor has never lived by anyone's rules but his own. After graduating at the top of his class, he joined the Air Armada, the military force of Air Nation. Within a year, Wrastor became renowned not just in Air Nation but across Aether as a fierce and unpredictable figher. However, among his superiors, he is more infamous for his brashness and arrogance than for his daring deeds. Currently an Aerial Ace for the Air Armada, Wrastor is wrecking havoc among the Armada's enemies and generals alike." -Website
- Side special is usually refered to as "Slipstream".
- Wrastor is the third character to be announced, along with Kragg. He represents the element of wind and is a falcon.
- Before the January 2015 Alpha Release of Rivals of Aether, Wrastor had no end lag on his moves if you disabled strong hold from the player options menu on the Character Select Screen.
- Wrastor's beak and leg colors, as well as the color of his goggles, stay the same between every different color variant that Wrastor has available to play with.